VMware announced vSphere PowerCLI 5.5 to meet the base line of 5.5 Series with great new features.
Some new Features include
- Many new Cmdlets and properties has been added to PS.
- Distributed switch cmdlets has been improved to manage vSphere Distributed Switch migration, policy configuration.
- vSphere PowerCLI 5.5 Release 1 also introduces the new Open-VMConsoleWindowcmdlet for opening the console of a vSphere or vCloud Director virtual machine.
Set-VMHostcmdlet has been enhanced with a
- vSphere PowerCLI is now supported on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
VMware vSphere PowerCLI 5.5 Release 1 supports the following VMware environments:
- vCenter Server 5.5
- VMware ESXi 5.5
- vCenter Server 5.1 Update 1
- VMware ESXi 5.1 Update 1
- vCenter Server 5.0 Update 2
- VMware ESXi 5.0 Update 2
- vCenter Server 4.1 Update 3
- VMware ESX 4.1 Update 3
- VMware ESXi 4.1 Update 3
- vCenter Server 4.0 Update 4
- VMware ESX 4.0 Update 4
- VMware ESXi 4.0 Update 4